Adding task categories to the Interaction Driver
Adding task categories to the interaction driver helps to route the related service request to their defined categories. Edit the Rule-PegaCA-InteractionDriver rules to modify the available task categories. The default instances are:
- Phone interactions – PegaCA-Work-Interaction-Call.Driver
- Chat interactions – PegaCA-Work-Interaction-Chat.Driver
- Research – PegaCA-Work-Interaction-Research.Driver
- Web interactions – PegaCA-Work-Interaction-Web.Driver
- Mobile interactions – PegaCA-Work-Interaction-Mobile.Driver
- Inbound correspondence – PegaCA-Work-Interaction-Incorr.Driver
- Outbound correspondence – PegaCA-Work-Interaction-Outbound.Drive
To add or modify a task category
- Go to the
explorer and click to display the list of Interaction Driver instances.
- Select an instance that suits your business needs to modify and save it to your ruleset.
- Complete the form with the following information and click
- Label – The Interaction driver name and description.
- Apply to – The class where the Interaction Driver should be located, for example, MyApp-Work-Interaction-Call.
- Click the Interaction Driver tab and complete the form with the following information.
- Click the Interaction Options tab and complete the form with the following information:
Pega Customer Service provides various options on the Interaction Options tab to allow administrators to enable or disable specific features for each interaction type. Disabling unused features can improve performance by eliminating activity calls and calls from the client browser required to use these features. Pega Customer Service also provides configuration options to control how the Interaction Driver task menu displays in the UI. The Tabbed Navigation Options are not applicable to the Pega Customer Service Interaction Portal.
- Click the Composite tab, and then enter the following data in the .
- Tab Name – The name that displays on the Composite tab.
- Data Source – The data source for the tab.
- When – The rule that determines if the tab is required to display in the composite mode.
- Harness – The composite harness for the tab.
- Pre-Display Activity – Triggers the activity when the composite initially renders.
- Defer Load – Determines if the tab loading is deferred or not based on the True or False value.
- Stay Back – If the value is True, a user cannot tear off the relevant tab to a secondary window. The tab remains anchored to the primary window.
- Default Tab – Displays in the driver.
The Composite tab supports legacy portals only.
- Click the Dialog tab, and then enter the following data in the .
. The application adds the task categories to the Interaction Driver.
Published February 11, 2016 — Updated February 25, 2016