Adding a Create case step
Learn how to add a Create case step to a case in App Studio. You can customize the step to automate the creation and data population of cases in your application.
- In the navigation panel, click Case types to open the Case Type Explorer.
- Open the case type to which you want to add a step that creates a new case.
- On the Workflow tab, click Life cycle if Optional actions is selected.
- Hover over a process in a stage and click +Step.
- In the palette that is displayed, click More > Automations to display a list of smart shapes.
- Click the Create case shape and review the description that is displayed.
- Click Select to add the smart shape to the step.
- From the Create the following case list, select an option:
- Create new case type – Provide a name for the new case type when prompted. The new case type is displayed in this field.
- The name of a case type in your application.
- Optional: To create more than one case, provide a list:
- Select the Create multiple cases using a list check box to create multiple cases of the case type you selected.
- In the List field list, select a field group list. At run time, a case is created for each entry in the list
- Propagate data from the current case to the new case.
- Select the Transfer information to new case check box.
- In the Transfer information dialog box, select the check box next to a field to copy its value from the current case to the new case.
- Optional: To change which field stores the value in the new case, enter a field name in the To field.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.