Configuring the REST connector
Configure the REST connector to define and manage an interface between the Pega Knowledge and Pega Customer Service applications (acting as a Target application). The REST connector establishes a connection between Pega Knowledge and the Pega Customer service application to generate the required data. These records include classes, properties, mapping rules, data transforms, a connector, a data page, and optionally, an authentication profile.
- Log in to the Pega Customer Service application by using the operator that you have created.
- In the header of the Dev studio, click Resources, then click Pega API.
- Navigate to the /case types link. For the first login attempt, you need to enter the operator credentials that you used to log in to the Pega Customer Service application. section and click the
- Click Try it out. Copy the URL that generates in the REQUEST URL field to the Pega Knowledge application where the Pega Knowledge Help site is specified.
- Log in to the Pega Knowledge application where the Help site is specified.
- Search for and open the CSSelfServiceAuthProfile rule.
- Enter the operator credentials that you created in step 1.
- Click Submit.
- Search for and open the D_KMApplicationSetting class with the pyDefault data transform.
- In CaseTypesServiceEndpoint, set the Request URL of the Pega API that you copied in step 4.