Configuring troubleshooters for Pega Customer Service
Pega Knowledge troubleshooters provide dynamic diagnostic capabilities to help diagnose common product or service issues. Authors can create multiple troubleshooters and related questions and actions that are designed to guide your customer or customer service representative through a series of diagnostic steps.
Configuring the Pega Knowledge troubleshooters provides end users with the following capabilities:
- Access to troubleshooters from help sites and web self-service portals
- Ability to launch a service request from a respective troubleshooter through suggested actions
- Ability to launch troubleshooters from the Pega Customer Service Interaction portal, including the ability to launch a service case directly from the troubleshooter
To launch service requests from the Troubleshooters in the Pega Knowledge help sites or a web self-service application, you need to configure Pega Mashup in your Pega Customer Service application. With this configuration, you can launch required service requests (case types) and store the metadata that is required to invoke the selected service request from the configured list.
Before configuring Pega Knowledge troubleshooters, ensure that the following prerequisites are met:
- To configure the Pega Knowledge troubleshooters with the Pega Customer Service application, the Pega Knowledge and Pega Customer Service applications should be installed on separate servers.
- In the Pega Customer Service application, create an operator within an access group that includes the following access roles:
To configure your Pega Customer Service application with Pega Knowledge troubleshooters, complete the following tasks: