Advanced tab on the Class form
The Advanced tab is only meaningful for concrete classes derived from the Rule-, Data-, or Work- class. Use the fields on this tab to control advanced settings such as class deprecation and ruleset restrictions.
Select a rule category to control where instances of this class appear in the Application Explorer and Records Explorer. This list is populated by field values with Rule-Obj-Class and pyCategory as the key parts. You can define additional field values with these key parts to customize rule categories used in explorers.
Use the fields in this section to define the basic rule form structure for instances of this class:
- Type – Select the Harness option. The Form option is deprecated.
- Name – Type the name of a harness that contains the sections, layouts, and other components users see when they interact with instances of this class. The applies to key part of the harness must be this class.
Primary rule assembly
The fields in this section are reserved for custom Rule- descendants that use rules assembly :
- Primary Aspect – Select an interface or aspect. This list is populated by public methods defined in
- Primary Implementation Class – Type the name of a Java class that contains the rules assembly logic for this class.
Secondary rule assembly
Leave fields in this section blank unless you are creating a custom Rule- descendant that requires rules assembly for embedded rule types.
Fields in this section are reserved for class rules generated by the Connector and Metadata wizard. When Java Beans are imported, a Java wrapper class is created that enables the clipboard to access instances of the JavaBean. The name of this Java wrapper appears in the Wrapper Name field.
For more information, review the Pega Community article Working with the Java Pages Feature.
Full text search
Select Exclude this class from search to exclude instances of this exact class (not descendants) from full text search results. This is helpful in systems where a large number of work objects exist and indexing is enabled. You can eliminate the processing and space required to index these items.
If the class has entries that have already been indexed, you must remove the the index from the file system, then rebuild the search index from scratch to remove those entries from the index.
Check the box in this section to deprecate all instances of this class and block users from creating new instances. As a best practice, add documentation in the Usage field of the History tab. You see this documentation in the form of a warning when you open or reference an instance of the deprecated class.
Users are warned when they open the class rule form or any instance of the class. The warning text is populated by the Usage field on the class rule form's History tab. For example:
The rule type Hierarchy is deprecated and should no longer be used. Please use navigation rules for tree configuration instead.
You cannot create any new instances of a deprecated class. If you save as the class, the Deprecate this class type option remains selected.
Deprecated classes in Pega- rulesets are excluded from:
- Search results
- Application Explorer results
- Top-level and right click Create menus in Dev Studio explorers
- Lists launched from the Records Explorer
You can find and view a deprecated class by entering the fully qualified class name in the Application Explorer and then selecting the Definition right-click option on the class name.
Check the box in this section to create a dedicated database table for instances of this class. This feature is available only to users with the @baseclass.pxClassToDbTableOptimization privilege.
Check the box in this section to require all classes derived from this class to reside in the same ruleset as this class.
Use the list in this section to control which rules can be created with pyClassName set to this class name. For each row in the list, enter the name of a ruleset in your application stack. When an operator attempts to create a rule that applies to this class, the system validates that:
- The ruleset name specified on the create form resides in this list.
- The ruleset version specified on the create form has the ruleset of this class as a prerequisite. This information is found on the Versions tab of the ruleset name form.