Managing application inventory
Plan development of your application, manage the workload in your team, and prioritize your work accordingly by following the application backlog on your Inventory page. The Inventory landing page lists personas and draft data associations across your Microjourney, so that your team can map items to specific releases.By analyzing the inventory, you can also determine how different elements of your application, such as personas and case types, interact with each other.
You associate personas and data objects with case types when you plan your Microjourney. Because of these associations, you can clearly visualize the data and participants that your business processes require. After you create these associations, or draft relationships, you can analyze your application inventory, so that you can prioritize work by checking releases associated with personas and data objects. You can also group and filter personas and data objects for a better understanding of how these elements are related.
- Create a case type, and then define the case life cycle by adding stages, processes, and steps. See Adding case types to organize work.
- Create personas that represent users of your application. See Adding personas to organize users.
- Create data objects that visualize information that your cases require to reach the resolution. See Adding data objects to organize data.
In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Overview.
In the Application profile section, click Manage.
In the Inventory section, select the type of information that you want to view:
- To manage draft personas, select Personas.
- To manage draft data objects, select Data.
Manage the list of items to display information that you need:
- To group personas or data objects, click Group, and then in the list, select the grouping method that you want to apply, for example Case types.
- To display only selected information about personas or data objects, click Fields, and then select the fields that you want to display, for example Channel and Status.
- To change how the information is displayed, click Density, and then select a format that you want to apply, for example Compact.
Update personas or data objects to reflect the latest changes that you make in your application by clicking, and then performing the following actions in the Edit details window:
- To change the release in which you want to implement the persona or data object, in the Release list, select a release.
- To provide more information about a persona or data object, in the Comment text box, enter an additional description.
- To mark the persona or data object as implemented, select the Mark as done check box.