Unit testing a Parse Delimited rule
You can test a Parse Delimited rule directly, separate from the activity or other context in your application in which it will eventually operate.
For a simple test, obtain test data. You can choose to type or paste the data into a form, store it in a local Windows file, or upload it into a text file rule.
Conducting the test
For basics of unit testing, see Unit testing individual rules.
- Save the Parse Delimited form.
- Click the Run toolbar button or the equivalent keyboard shortcut
R. A guided test window opens.
- Select a radio button to indicate the source of test data.
- If the data is to be entered directly, type or paste the data into the text area. If the data is in a local file, click Browse and navigate to the file. Click OK. If the test data is in a text file rule, enter all three key parts of the rule separated by periods.
- Click Execute to evaluate the rule. An XML document appears in a new window, showing properties and the corresponding parsed values. The clipboard is not altered; no properties are updated.