Adding a custom field
Associating custom fields with rules provides a flexible way to supplement your application with metadata, such as a change order number or log file attachment.
To add a custom field, do the following.
- Click the History tab of a rule form.
- Click Add Field to open the Add custom fields dialog.
- Choose a name from the list of properties to populate the Name field. Alternatively, enter a string (letters and digits only) directly in this field to create a new property with the specified name.
- If you entered a string in the Name field, select a Type for the property. For existing properties, this field is populated and read-only.
drop-down box, select the appropriate ruleset version.
For properties of Type File:
- Enter a brief description of the file in the Description field.
- Select the New or Existing radio button to indicate how you will provide the file.
- Click Browse to upload a file from your local system. The file you specify becomes an instance of Rule-File-Binary.
- Click the Pick a file button to select a file previously linked to this property.
For properties of Type Text:
- Enter text to pair with the property in the Value field.
- Alternatively, click the Open icon to select a value previously applied to this property.
- For properties of Type File:
- Click Submit to close the dialog.
- Click Save in the rule form header to persist your changes. The Custom Fields list is automatically updated by the rule form.
ArticleViewing rule history