Configuring access options for a persona
Ensure that users in your application can perform actions that are relevant to their role by defining what options are available to specific personas. By configuring access on a persona level, you accelerate your application development because you configure options for entire groups of users.Personas represent distinctive types of users, for example, managers or customer service representatives (CSRs). In a sample scenario, you can grant a manager persona the possibility to open a case to view the case values and progress, while a CSR persona can open and then modify a case to provide updated values.
In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Users, and then click User management.
On the Personas tab, select the persona that you want to configure.
On the Access tab, select an element to which you want to configure access:
- To configure access to case types, select Case types.
- To configure access to data objects, select Data objects.
- To configure access to configuration sets, select Configuration sets.
In a row with an element that you want to configure, click Configure access.
In the Configure access to element name window, select the actions that you want to grant to the persona:
- To allow a persona to view a case, select the
Open check box.
This option is available only for case types.
- To allow a persona to generate an aggregated list of elements at run time, for example a list of open cases of the selected case type, select the Run reports check box.
- To allow a persona to modify an element at run time, for example to
change the value of properties of a data object or to update information in
a case, select the Modify check box.
To modify a case, also select the Open check box to ensure that the persona can open the case.
- To allow a persona to view how values change throughout case processing,
select the View audit history check box.
Selecting this option affects all case types in your current workpool.
- To allow a persona to delete a data object, select the
This option is available only for data objects.
- To allow a persona to view a case, select the Open check box.