Marking a record as relevant
To save resources and speed up application development, promote reuse in data types and case types by marking a rule as a relevant record. Relevant records control design-time filtering options in case types and data types in App Studio. As a result, when you create an application, you receive a set of relevant options, instead of an extensive or incomplete selection of choices.For example, in a banking application, you can mark a property that holds an interest rate as a relevant record for a loan case type, so that it is easily available in App Studio when you build your loan application form.
You can mark only certain rule types as relevant records. For more information, see Relevant records for rule reuse.
You can mark records that are outside classes that Pega Platform provides by default, such as @baseclass or Work- classes.
Pega Platform automatically marks any records that you create in App Studio, such as properties, as records relevant to an appropriate context.
In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
Open the rule form of a record that you want to mark as relevant:
- To open a property, click .
- To open a data transform, click .
- To open a strategy, click .
- To open a decision table, click .
- To open a when rule, click .
- To open a correspondence rule, click .
- To open a flow, click .
- To open a flow action, click .
- To open a notification rule, click .
- To open a Pulse feed rule, click .
- To open a validate rule, click .
- To open a SLA, click .
- To open a harness, click .
- To open a paragraph, click .
- To open a section, click .
In the list of instances, open the rule that you want to mark as a relevant record.
On the header of the rule form, click.
Click Submit.Your application marks the record as relevant for the applies to class of the record. The record is now available for reuse and configuration in your application.
To verify that the record is now relevant for the class, on the confirmation message, click View, and then review the relevant records landing page.