You can perform a private checkout of a rule that is typically not available for a standard checkout. For example, you can check out a rule in a locked ruleset to modify it and test the changes.
The Private edit button appears when all the following criteria are met:
- You have the pxAllowPrivateCheckout privilege, which is typically granted through a role on your access group. The standard access role PegaRULES:SysAdm4 provides this privilege.
- The rule is not available for regular checkout, usually because it is already checked out to another user or because its ruleset version is locked.
- The rule belongs to a ruleset that has the checkouts enabled.
- Your Operator ID is allowed to check out rules. For more information, see Security tab on the Operator ID form.
- Performing a private edit
To ensure that your application meets the unique needs of your customers, you can modify a rule that is unavailable for regular checkout by performing a private edit. Check out rules as private edits to edit rules that belong to locked rulesets.