Viewing Tracer results in the Tracer window
To maintain the quality of your application, you can use the Tracer window to interact with Tracer results. Each row in the window represents an event. The Tracer records selected events from the rule executions, database operations, and other event types that you select when you configure the Tracer.
The tracer tool also supports stateless applications that you build on Cosmos React UI and that rely on Digital Experience (DX) APIs. In Cosmos React UI applications, multiple API requests can be active simultaneously during a single browser session. For greater clarity, the Tracer window categorizes the events by request ID.
In the footer of Dev Studio, click the Tracer icon.
In the Tracer window, analyze the Tracer output:
- To learn more about the event and view a Java stack trace if an exception occurred, click the value in the Line, Rule#, or Step column.
- To view the properties that were on the step page when the step began, click the value in the Step Page column.
- To open the corresponding rule, click the value in the Name column.
- To view the contents of the parameter page, click the value in the Line column, and then click Parameter Page Name.
- To view the contents of the primary page, click the value in the Line column, click Primary Page Name.
- Tracer results window
The Tracer helps you debug your applications and improves the quality of your software for users. By analyzing results in the Tracer window, you can obtain more information about how your application runs in the system, as well as find and fix any issues.