Building a Pega Client for Windows application
Pega Client for Windows™ is a stand-alone application that serves as a container for Pega Platform™ applications. It supports online and offline-enabled applications, so users can work without a network connection. After you build a Pega Platform application, you can use a generic version of Pega Client for Windows to preview your application on a Windows computer before you build it into your customized Windows application. You also can ask your account representative to build the Pega Platform application into Pega Client for Windows for you by creating a customization file with your branding assets and custom settings.
- Download the generic version of Pega Client for Windows from Pega Marketplace.
- On the initial screen, enter the URL of your Pega Platform application.
- Click Go.
- Download the customization-PCW-8.40.10.zip file and extract its contents to create a customization directory.
- To customize the look of your mobile app, in the customization directory, navigate to the Windows folder and replace all the Pega default files with your own branding assets.
- To modify the behavior of Pega Client for Windows, in the customization directory, open the customization.properties text file and populate it with a map of parameters and their values, according to your needs.
- Compress the customization directory to create a customization.zip file that you can send to Pega.