Adding a multistep form to a stage
Break a single assignment that captures many fields into multiple focused and concise screens by adding a multistep form to a stage. You can add both a sequential process and a parallel process as a multistep form. For example, you can ask users to enter their personal details on one screen, and then describe their medical condition on the next screen.
In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
On the Workflow tab, click Life cycle.
In the Case life cycle section, in a stage, click .
In the text field, replace the default process label with a descriptive name.
On the General tab, in the Start process section, define the condition to start the process:
- To start the process when the case reaches this stage, select Always.
- To choose a custom condition that determines whether the process starts, select Custom condition, and then select the condition.
- To reuse an existing condition, select Existing condition, and then select the condition.
In the properties panel, in the Step section, in the Route to list, identify the user or team that performs the task:
- To assign the task to the user who last updated the case, select Current user.
- To assign the task to another user in your application, select Specific
user, and then configure the user parameters.
You can assign the task to a user by user name, a user by user reference, the reporting manager of the user who last updated the case, or a case participant.
- To assign the task to a team that shares a work queue, select Work queue, and then select a team.
- To automatically assign the task to a user with the appropriate availability,
skill set, or workload, select Use business logic, and then click
the Configure business logic icon.
For more information about configuring business-based routing, see Assigning users automatically at run time.
In the Template section, select the navigation type in the multistep form by clicking Change, and then choosing the navigation template.
The default setting is horizontal navigation.
Add a step to the multistep form by clicking Form step.
For more information about configuring steps, see Adding a step to a process.
In the text field, replace the default step label with a descriptive name.
- Conditionally starting a process
Create applications that flexibly adjust to dynamically changing scenarios by configuring conditions to start specific sets of actions. When processes in your case type start under specified conditions, you save time and resources because you can create one case type that is relevant in various situations, instead of providing and maintaining multiple case types.