Adding supporting processes to cases
Complement your case life cycle with a supporting process to allow case workers, for example customer service representatives (CSRs), to determine when a case requires additional processing.A supporting process runs independently of the case life cycle, but can change the stage or status of the case. For example, a CSR who works on a hiring process can collect and check additional references from a job candidate, which brings the case closer to a resolution.
In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
In the Case life cycle section, click Optional actions.
In the Case wide actions section, click Action.
In the action menu, choose a supporting process:
- To add a new process, click Process, and then replace the default label with a new descriptive name.
- To use an existing process, click Select. , and then click
To start the process when a user creates a case, in the Process properties panel, select the Automatically start when this case starts check box.
- Add meaningful actions to new processes or supplement existing processes with more tasks by adding steps. For more information, see Adding single steps to processes.
- Define when the user sees the process by configuring visibility conditions. For more information, see Displaying supporting processes conditionally.
- Adding supporting processes to stages
You can provide greater flexibility to your cases and complement them with more information by adding supporting processes to stages. When you add a supporting process to a stage, additional processing can occur only while the case is in that stage.
- Displaying supporting processes conditionally
To save time during case processing, ensure that users, such as customer service representatives (CSRs), see only the actions that are relevant to a case by defining conditions for displaying supporting processes.