Changing case statuses
Communicate to stakeholders how a business process moves towards resolution, by changing the case status in the life cycle. For example, you can assure the stakeholders that the case advances within the time frame.You can configure the status change when the case reaches a certain stage or step.
In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
On the Workflow tab, click Life cycle.
In the Case life cycle section, define when the case changes the status:
In the Stage property panel, on the General tab, define the transition after this stage is complete:
- To move to the next stage, select Automatically move to next stage.
- To let the customer service representative decide which stage the case enters, select Wait for a user action.
- To close the case, select Resolve the case, and then define the resolution status and options, for example whether to delete open assignments.
In the property panel, on the General tab, change the case status:
To use an existing status, in the Set case status on stage entry field, press the Down arrow key, and then select a status value.
To create a custom status, in the Set case status on stage entry, enter a unique name.
In the property panel, on the General tab, in the Set case status on stage entry field, change the case status by pressing the Down arrow key, and then selecting a value in the list.
- Defining a custom case status
Define a custom case status to more precisely communicate the progress that a case has made toward resolution.
- Standard rules and extension points for case status
You can use standard rules and extension points to programmatically update, retrieve, or analyze the status of a case.
- Defining conditions for skipping a stage
Ensure that cases move to the next stage in the sequence when the current stage is not relevant, by defining the conditions that cause a case to skip a stage. When a customer service representative (CSR) can skip irrelevant stages, a case reaches its resolution faster.