A notification channel is a carrier that the application uses to notify users about events at run time.You can create notifications for one or all of the available notification channels – web gadget, email, and mobile.
You can configure notification channels in Dev Studio:
- Configure a web gadget notification channel
- Configure an email notification channel
- Configure a mobile notification channel
- Configuring a web gadget notification channel
In Dev Studio, you can configure a web gadget channel to send notifications to users. Web gadget notifications are displayed as messages in the application at run time.
- Configuring an email notification channel
In Dev Studio, you can configure an email channel to send notifications to users. Users can reply to email notifications to post messages in a conversation.
- Configuring a mobile notification channel
In Dev Studio, you can configure a mobile channel to send push notifications to users. Users can approve and reject cases and respond to messages in cases by responding to push notifications.
- Configuring additional parameters for notification channels
In Dev Studio, you can configure additional parameters that the notification channels may require at run time. You can define these parameters as key-value pairs.