Notifying participants about events
Escalate elapsed service-level agreements and highlight cases that require action by enabling email and push notifications for a case type. You can use push notifications for mobile devices, and set up email notifications for all devices that support email.
All assignments in the case life cycle inherit the notification policy from the case type. The following scenarios do not support notifications:
- You set the notification policy after creating an assignment.
- A user pulls an assignment from a work queue.
- A user transfers ownership of an assignment to another user.
- An application routes the assignment to the worklist of the user who processes the case.
- Sending email notifications from cases
To speed up resolution of your business processes, ensure that users receive information when new tasks await in their worklists, by sending email notifications.
- Sending push notifications about case events
To improve the resolution of cases, ensure that mobile users of your application receive information about meaningful events in business processes, by enabling push notifications.
- Sending confirmations of completed assignments
Inform users about completion of assignments by sending confirmation notes.
- Sending custom notifications about new assignments
To send custom correspondence to case participants about the creation of new assignments, override your notification policy.
- Disabling assignment notifications
Prioritize the tasks that need the greatest visibility in a case by disabling notifications for other assignments.
A keystore is a file that contains keys and certificates that you use for encryption, authentication, and serving content over HTTPS. In Pega Platform, you create a keystore data instance that points to a keystore file.
- Creating an email account in Dev Studio
Configure an email account to determine the email server and account details for receiving and sending email in your application. These accounts are used in the email listener and email channel to read emails and create or update cases, or send automatic replies and notifications.