Packaging rules and data that contain field-level auditing information
To save time and maintain consistency when you deploy your application in another environment, ensure that the field-level auditing data in your cases persists, by packaging specific rules and classes.For example, when you move your application from a staging to a production environment, you can move the auditing data for the fields in your case types at the same time.
Ensure that you package the following rules of a Rule-Obj-Class rule type:
- A full class of a case type with enabled field-level auditing, for example FLAudit-PegaProjMgmt-Work-UserStory-Epic
- A class group of a class with enabled field-level auditing, for example FLAudit-PegaProjMgmt-Work
Ensure that you package the following data instances:
- DataAdmin-DataBase-ClassGroup, for example FLAudit-PegaProjMgmt-Work
- DataAdmin-DataBase, for example FLAudit-PegaProjMgmt-Work
- Packaging your application in a product rule
Use product rules to migrate or deliver an application to another Pega Platform systems. Product rules identify the rulesets and versions, rules and data objects, and other parts of an application. Define a product rule to specify what to include in the archive. Then use one of the other tools to create the product rule.