Setting goals and deadlines for case resolution
Encourage customer service representatives (CSRs) to resolve cases on time and enforce your service level agreements (SLAs) by setting goals and deadlines for a case type. SLA measurement starts when the case starts and ends when the case finishes.
For example, if a CSR of an insurance claim request does not resolve the request within a week, the urgency of this case rises and the manager of the CSR receives a notification.
In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
On the Settings tab, click Goal & deadline.
In the Use Service-level agreement (SLA) list, define the SLA criteria:
- To define custom criteria, select Custom SLA, and then go to step 4.
- To reuse criteria from an existing service-level agreement, select Existing SLA. In the auto-complete field, enter the service-level agreement name, and then go to step 9.
- To leave a case without an SLA, select Never, and then go to step 9.
In the Calculate time from the start of section, select a method for calculating your goal and deadline times:
- To start the calculation when a user creates an instance of your case type, select This case.
- To start the calculation when the parent of your case type starts, select Parent case.
- To start the calculation when the top-level parent of your case type starts, select Top level case.
In the Goal section, in the Days and HH:MM:SS fields, enter the suggested resolution time for a case.To indicate that the goal is a day, 6 hours, and 30 minutes, in the Days field, enter 1, and then, in the HH:MM:SS field, enter 06:30:00.
In the Increase urgency by field, enter a value by which you want to increase the current case urgency when the goal elapses.
In the Deadline section, in the Days and HH:MM:SS fields, enter the required resolution time for a case.
In the Increase urgency by field, enter a value by which you want to increase the current case urgency when the deadline elapses.
- Setting goals and deadlines for stages, processes, and steps
Ensure that customer service representatives (CSRs) complete assignments on time by assigning service-level agreements (SLAa) to stages, processes, and steps. By implementing SLAs, you enforce timely case resolution and ensure that CSRs follow the timeline that you agree on with your customers.
- Defining an escalation action for a case
Ensure that your business process reaches a resolution on time, by defining an escalation action for a case. By enforcing service-level agreements and implementing escalation actions, you enforce timely resolution of cases and meet deadlines that you agree on with your customers.