Configuring back-to-back processing for a flow action
Accelerate case resolution by allowing users to perform more assignments in a case after processing of the current task is complete. When an application routes multiple assignments to a single user, performing the assignments in sequence increases efficiency and promotes uninterrupted workflow.For example, a flow might require the editing and sending of three items of outgoing correspondence. In the flow, a Split Join shape might cause Pega Platform to create three correspondence editing assignments, all in a single worklist. After a user edits the first correspondence item and completes one of the three assignments, the user can immediately continue processing the remaining two assignments. Back-to-back processing is optional but considerably increases the productivity and efficiency of your system.
Configuring back-to-back processing is a part of activity post-processing. Post-processing defines which actions users can take after they complete a task in a case.
After you configure back-to-back processing, the system finds and displays only assignments that the current user is qualified to perform and for which the value of the pyActionTime property from the Assign- class is past.
In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
Expand the Process category, and then click Flow Action.
In the Post-processing section, in the Back-to-back processing configuration subsection, select the Look for an assignment to perform check box.At run time, the system searches for another assignment for the same case and same flow execution on the user's worklist
To ensure a continuous workflow, specify how the system behaves if the user's worklist does not contain any relevant assignments:
- To search for open assignments in the user's worklist from other flow executions that are active for the same case, select If not found, look for assignments in other flows on this case.
- To search for open assignments from the parent case of the current case, select If not found, look for assignments in flows on the parent case.
- To search for assignments in work queues, select For each
also consider assignments in work queues
The search scope expands to examine the assignments in the work queues of the user's team and assignments on the user's worklist.
Optionally, your application can use additional information for the detailed search criteria that the system uses when you select this check box. The standard decision tree Assign-Workbasket.PerformCriteria defines these criteria. For more information about decision trees, see About Decision Trees.
In the If an assignment is not being performed list, select content that the system displays to users after all of the assignments are complete:
- To display a refreshed harness form for the current case, select
Show Harness, and then in the text field, enter
the relevant harness.
For example, you can use a standard post-assignment Confirm harness that displays the results of processing or computations based on user input.Avoid specifying a harness of the Perform type that displays the case in edit mode.
- To configure the system to search for an assignment by using the Get
Next Work logic, select the Get Next Work.
The system uses information about the user's skillset and urgency of available assignments to calculate the next assignment for the user to process. For more information about the Get Next Work algorithm, see Customizing the Get Next Work logic and Defining work routing settings for an operator.
- To configure the system to select the next assignment in the workpool that is assigned to the current user, select Get Next Work in Current WorkPool.
- To close the user form and return to the previous work area, such as the
Process Work home view, select Close the Work Object.This setting applies only to Submit and Next/Finish action buttons. For more information about action buttons, see Configuring action buttons for a flow action.
- To display a refreshed harness form for the current case, select Show Harness, and then in the text field, enter the relevant harness.