Types of assignments
Each assignment in a flow has a type based on the standard activity that creates the assignment. You select a standard activity when you define the routing options for an assignment in a flow diagram or the life cycle of a case.
Pega Platform supports the following assignment types:
- Creates an assignment that waits for an external system to perform processing before
moving to the next step in the flow.
This assignment type supports the Assignment Service shape, which is available only in flow diagrams. For more information, see Flow shapes.
- Creates an assignment that waits for an event to occur, such as the resolution of
This assignment type is available only in flow diagrams.As a best practice, use the standard Wait shape instead of a Dependency assignment. Use this assignment type only if you want to fine-tune the waiting logic with a when rule.
- Uses the Directed Web Access feature to create an external assignment.
This assignment type is available only in flow diagrams.
- Work queue
- Creates an assignment that an application can route to a work queue that is common for multiple users.
- Creates an assignment that an application can be route to the worklist of a user.