Tools to Support your Center of Excellence
Best practice for creating a project roadmap when you have a long list of process improvement projects is to create a scoring system to help you prioritize. The score can be comprised of a number of factors, but a good starting point is to use the following criteria:
- Return on Investment (ROI)
- Contribution toward achieving Corporate or Department Goals
- Level of Effort to implement the project
Most enterprises struggle to calculate ROI, but you can get a good idea by thinking about the following:
- Will you be able to automate or simplify your current manual processes?
- How long does it take on average to process one work item?
- Based on the new process you intend to build, how much time do you think you can cut from the time to process one work item?
Because ROI can be difficult to calculate, and many organizations stall when asked to provide a high-level ROI, Pega has created a calculator to help you come up with your high-level ROI values.
Click HERE to download the ROI Calculator Excel Spreadsheet.
Read the following blog to learn more: How to easily estimate return on investment for your process improvement project.
COE Project Intake Application
One of the fundamental responsibilities of a COE is taking in new projects and getting them organized into a prioritized roadmap. This requires a means for people to submit their project requests combined with a methodology for determining priorities.
To support this, Pega’s Enterprise Advisory Services organization has created the Pega Project Intake application that enables business leaders to submit their project requests along with all of the data required for the COE to perform the prioritization process.
For information on how to get the Project Intake application, contact your Customer Service Manager.