Complete Delivery Handoff
The purpose of the Delivery Handoff is to ensure that the project teams knows what has been sold and what the customer is expecting to have delivered.
There will normally have been many months of discussions about the scope of the project before Delivery starts. These need to be summarized to the Delivery team to avoid repeating them – or even worse, changing what was previously agreed.
The delivery handover is called a Sales to Service transition within Pega, and has similar names at other organizations. Regardless of name it aims to cover :
- What are the expected business outcomes
- What is the expected functional scope
- What information was gatherd during the sales process
This is best achieved by reviewing the Case Type Backlog line by line to understand for MLP the Case types, Interfaces, channels, personas and other functionality already agreed. This should be supplemented with any background information on current processes available.
The desired outcome is that the delivery team (Partner or Pega Led) is fully briefed and;
- Knowledgeable about the MLP and full program scope that was documented and identified in the Case Type Backlog
- Knowledgeable of the customer; the political landscape, the key personnel, and the historical sales interactions.
- Knowledgeable of the proposed solution, inclusive of the scope, timelines, goals, and objectives
- Knowledgeable of the sales demos and POC. This is especially key if assets in the POC are intended to be leveraged by the delivery team
Normally run as a full day session with everyone face to face, to be held ahead of engaging with a customer for the first time.
Published September 18, 2018 — Updated September 18, 2018