Configuring on-premises systems for monitoring with PDC
If you are a Pega Cloud® Services customer, all your systems are already connected to Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud™ (PDC) as part of cloud provisioning, and you do not need to perform this procedure yourself. However, if you run Pega Platform™ on a private cloud or on the premises, configure your systems to send data to PDC.
Before you begin
Some corporate data centers block production servers from connecting to outside servers and require a proxy server for all outbound communication. To configure your proxy server, apply the following best practices:
- Add the PDC service URL base (https://pdc-external.pegacloud.com or https://pdceu-prod.pegacloud.com) to a list of trusted sites in your proxy server.
- Configure the application servers so that they use the proxy servers by using the Java
- Configure the application servers so that they do not use the proxy servers for internal services by using the Java
For more information about configuring proxy settings, see Configure proxy settings and Internal integrations fail on configuring proxy settings in JVM.
Setting a unique name for your system
To ensure that PDC correctly identifies your systems, configure a unique name for each in Pega Platform. For example, to view information for a specific system, you select a system name from a list in the header of PDC.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click Configure > System > Settings > System Name.
- In the System Name tab, in the field, enter a unique and meaningful system label, for example, MyAppProductionServer, and then click Submit.
- Apply the changes in your environment by restarting all nodes in the system.
Installing the SSL certificate
If your network configuration does not support downloading SSL certificates on the fly, install the certificates.
- Open the PDC login page, for example https://pdc-internal.pegacloud.com/prweb/PRSOAPServlet/[tenant]*/SOAP/PegaAES/Events.
In the URL, replace [tenant] with your unique tenant hash.
- Download the SSL certificate for that page.
For more information, refer to your web browser's documentation.
For example: For Google Chrome:
- On the left side of the address bar, click the View site information icon, and then click Certificate.
- On the Details tab, click Copy to File.
- Submit the file with the SSL certificate to your company's security team.
Enabling PDC integration on a monitored system
To ensure that your system sends data that PDC uses to create usage and performance statistics, update the system configuration with a URL that references your PDC server.
- Log in to PDC.
- In the Step 2, copy the endpoint SOAP URL of your PDC server by clicking the CLICK HERE link. section, in
- Log in to Dev Studio.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click Configure > System > Settings > Predictive Diagnostic Cloud.
- In the Configuration tab, in the field, paste the SOAP URL of your PDC server.
- Click Update Configuration.
After approximately five minutes, PDC displays data from the new system.
What to do next
To ensure that your system sends all the information that is required for the latest PDC features, ensure that you install the most recent version of the PegaAESRemote ruleset. For more information, see Updating the PegaAESRemote ruleset to support the latest PDC features.