Conversational channel user roles
Pega Platform users with different roles create, train, and build Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistants (IVA) and Pega Email Bots, as well as triage cases. For example, a channel developer creates an Email channel and builds its behavior, by training the text analytics model to better detect the correct topics, language, sentiment, and entities. Once the email bot is in a production environment, a customer service representative (CSR) then triages the cases so that customer emails are promptly and correctly addressed.
The following are the main user roles for creating, defining, and managing IVAs and email bots in Pega Platform:
- Channel developer
- Channel developers are in charge of developing the email bots and IVAs that
interact with an application, before they are moved to a production
environment. A channel developer typically performs the following tasks:
- Understanding text analysis (prerequisite)
- Creating an Email channel
- Creating an Alexa channel
- Creates a Unified Messaging channel for the Apple Business Chat, Facebook, MMS (Twillio), SMS (Twillio), Twitter, and Web Chat IVAs.
- Creating a Web Chatbot channel
- Defining Email channel behavior
- Defining conversational channel behavior
- Training data for the Email channel
- Customer service representative (CSR)
- CSRs interact with the application run time environment for email bots, and also directly with customers once the email bot is moved to a production environment. They use the Case Manager portal or the Email Manager portal for this purpose, to more efficiently address customer emails. Amongst other things, CSRs perform the following task:
- Channel administrator
- Channel administrators manage the IVAs and email bots for a Pega Platform application, once the IVA or email bot is in a
production environment. An administrator works together with the channel
developers to keep the system secure, operable, and error free.
Administrators perform the following tasks:
- Troubleshooting an email bot
- Upgrading an email bot
- Troubleshooting an IVA
- Upgrading an IVA
- Implementing an email bot for an Email channel
Give users the ability to interact quickly and seamlessly with a Pega Platform application by email. Implement an Email channel so that Pega Email Bot intelligently responds to user emails, for example, by opening a case, or requesting more information about an issue.
- Implementing an Intelligent Virtual Assistant for a conversational channel
Provide users with convenient chat functionality from anywhere with a Pega Platform application by sending text messages or using voice commands in a simple question and answer form. For example, users can interact with Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant (IVA) to report an issue, open a case, or get help.
- Conversational channels
Conversational channels help organizations reach additional users of their enterprise applications. With conversational channels, users can seamlessly interact with a Pega Platform application to obtain help, request a service, and report or solve an issue by using Facebook Messenger, an embedded chat window, Amazon Alexa, or email.