Sending Pulse messages for an email bot
Ensure that information reported in a triage case for an email bot is addressed in a timely manner by communicating with other application operators, by posting Pulse messages. A customer service representative (CSR) or other operator can send Pulse messages internally to specific users, or to everyone that has access to the email bot.
Open a portal by performing one of the following actions:
- To open the Case Manager portal, in Dev Studio, click Launch web interface, and then click Case Manager.
- To open the Email Manager portal, in Dev Studio, click Launch web interface, and then click Email Manager.
Open a triage case by performing one of the following actions:
- To edit a triage case in the Case Manager portal, in the dashboard view in the list of cases, click a case name.
- To edit a triage case in the Email Manager portal, in the list of emails, click an email.
In the right panel, click the Pulse tab.
In the Pulse section, select the recipients of the message:
- To send a message to everyone, in the Post list, select Post.
- To send a message to specific users only, in the Post list, select Private post, and then in the field below, press the Down arrow key and select user names.
In the Start conversation field below, enter the text for the Pulse message.
- Understanding the email triage process
When Pega Email Bot receives an email, the email content is first examined by a text analyzer to detect topics, entities (such as people and places), sentiment, and language. Once the email bot completes the text analysis, the system applies automatic email routing based on the outcome of the text analysis and the routing rules that you define for the email bot.
- Triaging incoming emails
By manually triaging emails for the Pega Email Bot, customer service representatives (CSRs) and other operators, such as managers, can work through multiple emails in the context of their application to address and resolve customer issues faster and more efficiently. Case workers triage emails in the Case Manager or Email Manager portal.