Understanding text analysis
Text analysis is an important aspect of conversational channels that enables a Pega Platform application to intelligently and seamlessly interact with a user in a natural conversational manner. Text analyzers examine user input one by one using natural language processing (NLP), adaptive analytics, and artificial intelligence.To use text analysis in conversational channels, you define one or more text analyzers for Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant (IVA) or Pega Email Bot in your application.
Text analyzer functionality
Text analyzers detect the following information categories:
- The general subject, an intent of an email, text message, or a voice command. An IVA or an email bot links all suggested cases and suggested responses to topics. For example, an email bot can determine that the topic of an email relates to a car insurance, and then open a car insurance business case.
- The text contains proper nouns that fall into a common category, for example, a person, location, date, organization, or ZIP code. You can configure the IVA or the email bot to automatically assign the entities that they detect to properties of a new business case.
- The opinion that a user expresses in an email, a chat text message, or a voice command: positive, neutral, or negative. An email bot can detect a negative sentiment of a user email, and then escalate the issue by automatically forwarding that information to a customer service representative.
- The language of an email, a chat text message, or a voice command. An email bot can detect the language of a user email, perform text analysis in that language by using NLP, and then automatically send a reply in this language to the user.
Text analysis in an email bot
Each text analyzer definition for an email bot supports advanced text analysis of email header, body, subject, and attachments, including image files. To perform text analysis of image-based file attachments, you use the Pega Optical Character Recognition (OCR) component that you install from Pega Marketplace on premises.
With text analysis and intelligent email routing, an email bot interprets an email and determines how to correctly respond to a user. This functionality also improves the triage process by creating a correct business case with the help of the email topic.
To refine the text analysis capability for your email bot, you can define multiple text analyzers to serve the same or different purposes.
Text analysis in an IVA
A text analyzer that you define in an IVA provides advanced text analysis of user input, including text voice commands. Each text analyzer helps the system determine the best matching response by using NLP, adaptive analytics, and artificial intelligence. For more information, see Exploring text analyzers .
You can define multiple text analyzers for an IVA to serve the same or different purposes.
- Pega Email Bot overview
Pega Email Bot is a bot system that intelligently interacts with your application to help users with their problems and speed up business processes. Interacting with an email bot through emails, users can more efficiently address their concerns and resolve problems, for example, by requesting more information and opening a business case in the system.
- Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant overview
Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant (IVA) is a chatbot technology that interacts with an application by sending and receiving text messages from users, in a simple question and answer form. By interacting with an IVA through various social messaging platforms, users can resolve issues or address questions and other concerns. For example, to speed up business processes, users can request more details about a subject and open a case in the system.
- Conversational channels
Conversational channels help organizations reach additional users of their enterprise applications. With conversational channels, users can seamlessly interact with a Pega Platform application to obtain help, request a service, and report or solve an issue by using Facebook Messenger, an embedded chat window, Amazon Alexa, or email.