Unified Messaging channel overview
You create and build a single Unified Messaging channel to ensure that users can interact with your application through multiple social messaging platforms as Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant (IVA). The Unified Messaging channel is quick to create and configure, giving the user a completely new experience. In addition, the Unified Messaging channel makes maintenance of the conversational capability of an IVA much easier.
Supported messaging platforms
By defining Pega Platform settings in the integration manager, you can create a Unified Messaging channel for the following messaging platforms:
Apple Business Chat
- Send text messages in the Apple Messages app to connect with organizations and ask questions, schedule appointments, and make purchases.
- Send text messages in the Facebook Messenger app.
- Send Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) messages using the Twilio communications platform.
- Send text messages with the short message service (SMS) text messaging service using Twilio communications platform.
- Send text messages using the Twitter app.
- Send text messages in the WhatsApp Messenger app.
- Creating a Unified Messaging channel
Configure the Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant (IVA) for the Unified Messaging platform so that users can interact with your application using different social messaging channels. The IVA for Unified Messaging is quick to set up and provides a completely new user experience. For example, users can chat with the IVA using Apple Business Chat, Facebook Messenger, MMS/SMS (Twilio), Twitter, or WhatsApp Messenger to answer questions, report an issue, or receive step-by-step guidance through a process.
- Conversational channels
Conversational channels help organizations reach additional users of their enterprise applications. With conversational channels, users can seamlessly interact with a Pega Platform application to obtain help, request a service, and report or solve an issue by using Facebook Messenger, an embedded chat window, Amazon Alexa, or email.