Unified Messaging channel overview
You create and build a single Unified Messaging channel to ensure that users can interact with your application through multiple social messaging platforms as Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA). The Unified Messaging channel is quick to create and configure, giving the user a completely new experience. In addition, the Unified Messaging channel makes maintenance of the conversational capability of an IVA much easier.
Supported messaging platforms
By defining Pega Platform settings in the Digital Messaging Manager, you can create a Unified Messaging channel for the following messaging platforms:
- Apple Business Chat
- Send text messages in the Apple Messages app to connect with organizations and ask questions, schedule appointments, and make purchases.
- Facebook Messenger
- Send text messages in the Facebook Messenger app.
- SMS/MMS (Twilio)
- Send text messages (SMS) or Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) messages using the Twilio communications platform.
- Send text messages using the Twitter app.
- Send text messages in the WhatsApp Messenger app.