Digital Messaging channel overview
You create and build a single Digital Messaging channel to ensure that users can interact with your application through multiple social messaging platforms as Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA). The Digital Messaging channel is quick to create and configure, giving the user a completely new experience. In addition, the Digital Messaging channel makes maintenance of the conversational capability of an IVA much easier.
Supported messaging platforms
By defining Pega Platform settings in the Digital Messaging Manager, you can create a Digital Messaging channel for the following messaging platforms:
- Apple Business Chat
- Send text messages in the Apple Messages app to connect with organizations and ask questions, schedule appointments, and make purchases.
- Send text messages in the Facebook Messenger app.
- SMS/MMS (Twilio)
- Send text messages (SMS) or Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) messages using the Twilio communications platform.
- Send text messages using the Twitter app.
- Web Messaging
- Send text messages in an embedded widget on a web page.
- Send text messages in the WhatsApp Messenger app.
For relevant training materials, see the Digital Messaging channels module on Pega Academy.