Configuring digital signatures for outbound correspondence
You can add digital signatures to outbound correspondence so that the identity of the sender can be verified. Before following the instructions in this article, you must obtain a digital certificate. Companies such as Comodo and Thawte offer digital certificates for free or for a small fee.
To set up digital signatures for outbound correspondence:
- Obtain a digital certificate.
- In the Records Explorer, click to create a new Keystore instance using the keystore file.
- Upload your certificate.
Uploading a digital certificate to a Keystore instance
- Obtain the certificate alias(es) for any email addresses that are contained in the keystore.
- Configure the email account to sign outgoing emails by clicking
- Select your email account.
- On the Email Account tab in the Message Signing section, select the keystore in the Keystore Instance field.
- Optionally, select an alias for the digital certificate in the Certificate Alias field.
Configuring an email account to sign outgoing emails
The emails sent from the account contain the certificate that allows the recipient to verify the identity of the sender.