How to configure flows that automatically generate correspondence
When the same piece of correspondence should be sent to the same role for every work object created by a flow and that correspondence is not a notification about an assignment, use a utility shape with the Work-.CorrNew activity.
If you want to:
- Configure a notify message for an assignment, see How to configure flows that generate automatic notification messages
- Configure user-specified correspondence, see How to configure flows with user-specified correspondence
Complete the following steps:
- Drag the Utility shape onto your flow in the appropriate place and ensure that it is connected.
- In the Utility Properties panel in the left frame, enter a descriptive name for the task/shape. For example, "SendConfirmation."
- In the Rule field, select or enter CorrNew.
- Click Apply. Fields for the CorrNew activity's input parameters of appear in the Properties panel.
- Enter values for CorrName and PartyRole (required). If necessary for your implementation, include values for the other parameters (Figure 1). You can create a new correspondence rule if necessary. For a complete list of the parameters for the CorrNew activity, see the Work-.CorrNew activity section in "Correspondence Reference."
- Click Apply.
- Save the flow.
- Create a work object to test your configuration. When the work object progresses past the utility shape that generates the correspondence, click the attachments icon. In the History/Attachments window, expand the Attachments section and verify that the correspondence was generated.