How to configure flows that generate automatic notification messages
When you want to configure your flow to automatically send notification messages about assignments, connect a notify shape to the assignment. A notify shape identifies a notify activity.
If you want to:
- Configure automatically generated correspondence other than a notify message, see How to configure flows that automatically generate correspondence
- Configure user-specified correspondence, see How to configure flows with user-specified correspondence
To add a Notify shape to a flow, complete the following steps:
- Drag the Notify flow shape from the shape panel onto your flow and connect it to the assignment.
- In the Notify Properties pane in the left frame, enter a descriptive name for the task/shape. For example, “NotifyAboutAssignment.”
- In the Rule field, enter or select the name of a notify activity. To use one of the standard notify activities, you must type in the name. For information about these activities, see “Correspondence Reference.”
- Click Apply. Fields for the input parameters of the activity you selected appear in the Properties panel. Here's the Notify Parameters panel when the Work-.NotifyAssignee activity is specified.
- Provide values for the activity's input parameters. CorrName is always required because you have to specify what to send. Note that you can create a new correspondence rule by entering the name and clicking the pencil icon. Process Commander then displays the New dialog for the correspondence rule.
- Click Apply.
- Save the flow.
- Create a work object to test your configuration. When the work object reaches the assignment with the notify shape, click the attachments icon. In the History/Attachments window, expand the Attachments section and verify that the notify message was generated: