How to create correspondence rules that prompt users for input
When adding correspondence is an action that an operator performs during a flow, you may want to prompt the operator to enter some piece of information that cannot be programmatically provided – perhaps a subject line or the work object ID of a duplicate work object.
Complete the following steps:
- Create an HTML stream rule to display the input field. (From the Rules by Type explorer, select Technical > HTML). The applies to class must be the appropriate Data-Corr- class. If the correspondence rule is of type email, the HTML rule must apply to Data-Corr-Email. If the type is mail, the HTML rule must apply to Data-Corr-Letter, for example.
- Here's an example of an HTML rule that displays an input field for a subject line:
- Create a validation rule that determines whether the operator entered their input correctly. (From the Rules by Type explorer, select Process > Validate.) The Applies to class of the validation rule must match that of the HTML rule it validates. Here's the matching validation rule for the HTML rule in step 1:
Open or create the correspondence rule and select the Prompts tab.
- In the Prompt HTML field, select the HTML rule you created.
- In the Validation field, select the validation rule you created:
At runtime, when an operator selects the correspondence rule with the prompts configured, the BuildCorr screen flow displays the input field defined by the HTML rule. Here's the resulting input field when the operator selects the example correspondence rule Work-.AcknowledgeSample.Email: