Setting up outbound email in version 5.4
Use the Email Accelerator to configure outbound email accounts. Complete the following steps:
- First, ensure that you gathered the information listed in Before you begin configuring email.
- From the menu select Tools > Integration > Email Accelerator.
- In the Enter Email Processing Information form, complete the fields as shown in the following table and then click Next.
Email Processing Type
Configure outbound email.
Default Email Account
Select to configure the email account named Default.Notify.
If you are not configuring the Default email account, select the work pool (class group) for which you are setting up this accout
- In the Email Acount form, complete the fields as shown in the following table and then click Next.
Enter the email address of the email account that Process Commander is to use.
Enter the IP address or domain name of the Simple Mail Transport Protocol host.
Specify the password for the email account represented by the email address you entered.
Specify whether Process Commander is to use Secure Sockets Layer protocol when sending email from this account
- In the Review form, verify your settings and then click Next. The Accelerator generates the email account.
- When the Generated Instances form appears, either click the Edit icon to examine the generated email account object, or click Finish to exit the Accelerator.
Most likely, your next step is to configure an email service rule to manage any delivery failure messages that are triggered by outbound email correspondence. See How to create an email service that responds to AutoReply and Delivery Status Notification (DSN) messages.
For information about testing, see How to test your email configuration.