Testing your email configuration
The final step in configuring email for your application is to test the configuration.
Testing outbound email
For each flow rule that generates email correspondence, run through the entire flow. Select Run > Process from the menu, or, use the Run Rule feature in the individual flow rules.
Run through the entire flow and then verify that notify and other email messages are delivered the way you expect them to be.
Testing inbound email
To test an email service rule, complete the following steps:
- Open the listener and click Test Connectivity to ping the email server. If the listener cannot connect to the email server, determine the source of the problem — usually a typo in a configuration setting – and then try again.
- Verify that the listener is not blocked.
- Use the System Management application, Tools > System Management Application, to start the listener.
- Open the email service rule and use the Run Rule feature to run the service. Examine the Run Rule results to determine whether it ran correctly.
- From the external application, send a request message to the inbox monitored by the email listener. Then check the inbox of the client application to determine whether the response message arrived and whether it contains the information you expected.
- Check the inbox of the external application to determine whether the response message arrived and whether it contains the information you expected.