As a revision manager, decrease the price of one of the products that uPlusTelco offers by creating a revision. Create a change request to modify the Decision Data rule that holds the propositions that belong to the Phones group by creating a change request. Assign the change request to the strategy designer.
uPlusTelco wants to modify the price of one of their products.
This tutorial covers the following topics:
- Setting up revisions
- Defining change requests
Before you begin
Create propositions that represent products that the company offers to customers. For more information, see Creating a business hierarchy of propositions.
Setting up revisions
Specify the revision objectives, priority, and the completion due date.
- Log in to the Customer Decision Hub portal as a revision manager.
- Click Revision Management landing page.
- On the Revision Management landing page, click New revision.
Creating a revision
- In the Set up new revision screen, make sure that the Create new revision option is selected.
- Enter the name of the revision.
- Define the revision objective.
- Optional: Define the priority of the revision by modifying the Urgency setting.
The lower the urgency value, the more priority is assigned to the revision.
- Optional: Assign the deadline for completing the revision by configuring the Due by setting.
- Confirm your settings by clicking Continue.
The following figure provides an example revision definition, in which the objective is to update the price of a phone that is part of the company's business offer:
Defining revision objectives
Defining change requests
To add a proposition that represents a new product in the company's offer, define the rules to include in the revision and create a change request. Assign the change request to a business user.
You can create multiple change requests as part of a single revision.
- In the Include Rules screen, select the rules that you want to include in the revision.
For example, select a Decision Data rule that contains propositions.
- In the Change request section, click Edit.
Selecting rules to include in a change request
- In the Edit Change Request Details window, in the Assign to section, select Operator.
- From the drop-down menu, select the operator that you want to assign to the change request.
- Provide the name of the change request.
- Optional: To associate this change request with an objective that is different than the revision objective, modify the Associate an objective field.
- Optional: In the Description field, provide additional details.
- Optional: Define the change request priority in the Urgency field.
- Optional: Define the completion deadline for this change request in the Due by field. The default value is seven days.
Assigning a change request to an operator
- Confirm your settings by clicking Submit.
- In the Refine selection section, include the propositions whose configuration you want to update and submit the change request, as shown in the following example:
Including the propositions to modify as part of a change request
What to do next
As a strategy designer, open the change request that was assigned to you and update the required rules. For more information, see Completing change requests.
Published September 28, 2018 — Updated October 31, 2018