Creating a web channel interface
Learn how to add a web channel interface to your application in Pega® Express and, optionally, how to assign it to a role.
Channel interfaces are created from templates that include predefined layouts and navigation for use in your application. Channel interfaces provide an intuitive way to create a portal interface quickly by selecting headers, menus, and an initial page. Channel interfaces can be assigned to a role. For example, a manager might use a different channel interface than a case worker.
- From the Channels and interfaces. menu at the top of the screen, select
- Click Web.
- In the field, enter a name for the web channel interface.
- In the Description field, specify the expected use of the interface.
- Select one of the preconfigured layouts for the channel interface.
- Select from the available headers, footers, menus, and page views.
- Click .
- Click to exit the Channel Interface Manager.
Optional procedure to assign a channel interface to a role
- In the navigation panel, click Users.
- Click Roles.
- Select the channel interface to use for a role.
- Click .