FTP Server form – Completing the Environment tab
Use the Environment tab to configure information that the Pega Platform uses to find and log into an external FTP server.
- Host Name - Enter a Domain Name Server (DNS) name for the FTP server, for example,
ftp.myserver.com. Alternatively, identify an IP address. This field supports the Global Resource Settings syntax (= PageName.PropertyName ). The default property name for this field is
pyHostName. For more information, see Using the Global Resource Settings feature.
- Port Number - Optional. Identify a TCP/IP port for this FTP server. The system automatically selects standard ports at run time if they are not specified, such as port 21 for FTP and FTP Secure (FTPS), and port 22 for SSH FTP (SFTP). This field supports the Global Resource Settings syntax ( =PageName.PropertyName ). The default property name for this field is
- Use Authentication - Select to enable authentication.
- Authentication Profile - Optional. Select the authentication profile to use that contains the user name and password for the account that Pega Platform uses to connect to the FTP server. Click the Open icon to edit the selected authentication profile or to create a new one. For more information, see About Authentication Profile Data instances.
If this field is left blank, the Pega Platform attempts to make an anonymous FTP connection.
Select FTP, SSH FTP (SFTP), or FTP Secure (FTPS) based on your FTP server configuration.
SSH FTP (SFTP) Settings
Server key – Select the Keystore record that contains the SSH public key of the FTP server to restrict the FTP servers to which connections are made. The Keystore type value on the Keystore record should be KEY. When this field is blank, the Pega Platform can connect to any SFTP host regardless of its public certificate.
Client key – Select the client's private key, which is uploaded to the Keystore record. The private key is used to identify the FTP client when connecting to the FTP server. The Keystore type value on the Keystore record must be KEY.
FTP Secure (FTPS) Settings
- Lowest allowable SSL/TLS version - Select the lowest allowable SSL/TLS version. Pega Platform will display a guardrail warning for versions that are considered vulnerable.
- Truststore - Optional. Select the Truststore record that contains the server certificates to use for FTP server verification or click the Open icon to open the selected Truststore or to create a new one.
- Keystore - Optional. Select the Keystore record that contains the client certificates to use for Pega client application verification by the FTP server or click the Open icon to edit the selected Keystore or to create a new one.
- Encrypt data channel - Enabled by default for encryption of FTP authentication and data channels. Select to encrypt data; authentication over FTP always uses encryption. If you are using mutual SSL or a secure network, you may want to deselect this option as performance can be impacted when using it.
Test Connectivity - After you have completed this tab and saved the rule, click to confirm that Pega Platform can connect to the server by using the information on this tab.