Adding a data object
Data objects define the logical data layer and hold data for your application. A data object simplifies the organization of the properties, data pages, transforms, and other elements your application needs to get the right data at the right time. Data objects are called data types in Dev Studio.
For example, you could use a Customer data object to manage customer contact information. The data object might include the customer's name, email, phone number, and so on. You can also reference a data object from a case type to add the data object and all of its fields to a view.
Use the following topics to create a data object, to connect a data object to a system of record, and to save data to a system of record.
- Creating a data object
- Creating a data type in Dev Studio
- Reusing CRM data types
- Connecting a data object to a system of record
- Updating a data record
- Importing updates from a file
- Creating local data storage
- Creating dedicated indexes
- Enabling automatic conditional creation of child cases
- Disabling case creation by email