Applying business logic when importing data
Transform data to values that are understood by Pega Platform using business logic during file import instead of manually transforming data in a preprocessing activity. Add decision trees, decision tables, and lookups to transform your data.
When you use a lookup, decision tree, or decision table, the source value is the value obtained from the lookup, tree, or table. It is not the value in the .csv file.
On the Map fields screen of the Import wizard, in the Mapping options column, click Properties to display the Mapping options menu.
In the Set values using list, select the method to use to transform the imported data.
- Imported value (default) – Select this option to use the value in the .csv file.
- Lookup – Select this option to maintain relationships
between individual records being imported or to normalize fields with a large number of
valid values. For example, if you have a territory ID in your source file but want to
populate the territory name related to the ID in your target field, you can use a lookup
to search by the ID and populate the respective name.
After you select Lookup, set the following fields:
- Record type – Enter or select the record type to look up during import.
- Match record by – Enter or select the field in the lookup record type that you want to use to identify the record from which to look up a value. For example, if you want to search for records by email address, enter or select EmailAddress.
- Set value from – Enter or select the field from which to retrieve the value from the matched record.
- Decision table or Decision tree – Select this option to use a decision table or decision tree to normalize external data into a format that is understood by the Pega Platform. After you select Decision table or Decision tree, set the field to the name of decision table or decision tree that you created in the current class.