Creating a data type in Dev Studio
Define the logical data layer of your application by creating data types to manage and hold data. In addition, reference data types from case types to add all of its fields to a form when you configure the view for a step.
In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Data types.
Select New Data Type.
Enter a label and description for the data type. This information is required.
Change the inheritance path for the data type.
Click Advanced to display additional fields.
- Parent Class (Directed) – By default, the new data object type inherits from the enterprise data layer. You can select a different object type.
- Identifier – The system uses the parent class and the display name to create the data type's identifier.
- Development branch – Select a development branch in which you want to create your data type, or select No branch.
- Choose app layer – Select either the framework or an application layer in which you want to create the data type.
- Add to ruleset – Required. Select the ruleset in which you want to create the data type.
- Reusing data
- Restricting user input in a field