Customizing the import process
Eliminate the need to manually manipulate the data by adding preprocessing, post processing, and business logic to the import process. You can add, update, or delete data records for your data types in Data Designer by uploading .csv files that contain a large number of records.
You can import data from a variety of sources, even if the fields do not match. The bulk import process gives you more control over the data in your application. You can select actions that are specific to each field to ensure that your data is updated correctly and is not corrupted during the import process. You can manage data import purposes, or reasons for importing data from .csv files that are available to users when they run the data import wizard. You can also disable or remove data import purposes.
The following tasks can help you customize data import processing.
- Adding a custom import purpose
- Removing a custom import purpose
- Setting the default purpose for data imports
- Preventing users from selecting a data import purpose
- Skipping key validation
- Adding post processing to import
- Processing records and data before and after import
- Importing data by using an API
- Adding data import functionality to your application