Overview of BIX extractions in Pega Cloud environments
After enabling the built-in Business Intelligence Exchange (BIX) ruleset on Pega Platform, you can extract data from your Pega Platform application with an Extract or Job Scheduler rule in your Pega Cloud environment.
After enabling BIX, you can configure BIX data extractions using Pega Platform application class data for manual or automatic extract processes. Performing BIX extractions in Pega Cloud Service environments contain key differences compared to on-premise deployments:
- The BIX extraction configuration for XML or CSV formats and their manifest files places the extract files into your Pega Cloud File Storage repository. Clients do not have direct access to the Pega Cloud File Storage repository. To obtain your BIX extract files, you must move the files to a location in your enterprise network using one of the following SFTP-based methods:
- Configure an SFTP server in your enterprise to integrate the Pega Cloud SFTP service to pull your BIX extractions off the Pega Cloud File Storage repository.
- Configure a BIX-specific FTP listener in Pega Platformto push your BIX extractions to an SFTP server in your enterprise network.
- CSV extract files can be password protected.
- Pega Cloud environments do not support running the BIX extraction process from the command-line.
- BIX extractions to a target database require generating a DDL file referenced through a URL in your Pega Platform, which you must then share with your database administrator (DBA) in order for the DBA to format the required database tables in the target database.
SFTP-based methods to obtain extract files in Pega CloudIf you have upgraded from Pega Platform 7.3 or earlier, or you have previously used an FTP listener to receive BIX extract files, it is recommended that you pull the extract files from the Pega Cloud File Storage repository using the Pega SFTP service. For details, see Post-upgrade tasks following Pega Platform upgrades (7.x to 8.x) in Pega Cloud environments.
|DSS||DSS fields to pull files from Pega Cloud File Storage using your SFTP server (default)||DSS fields to push files to your SFTP server using an FTP listener|
|For more information about configuring a BIX SFTP Server, see Configuring the Pega Cloud SFTP service to access BIX extract files .||For more information about configuring a BIX FTP listener, see Configuring an FTP listener to access BIX data extracts in Pega Cloud environments.|
For more information about running a BIX extraction in Pega Cloud applications, see Procedures for BIX extractions in Pega Cloud environments.
- Procedures for BIX extractions in Pega Cloud environments
- Configuring the Pega Cloud SFTP service to access BIX extract files
- Configuring an FTP listener to access BIX data extracts in Pega Cloud environments
- Configuring an activity to access BIX extract files
- Troubleshooting BIX in Pega Cloud environments
- Enabling the BIX ruleset
- Creating and running an Extract rule