Changing the data source of a data page
You can easily change the data source of an existing data page without creating a new data page. For example, if you are currently using an activity to populate your data page, and you want to retrieve data from an external source instead, you can change your data source to a REST connector.
- The connection method is GET or POST.
- The request type is application/x-www-form-urlencoded.
- The response type is JSON.
In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
Expand the Data Model category, and then click Data Page.
In the list of data page instances, click the data page for which you want to change the data source.
In the Data Sources section, in the Source field, select the data source that you want to use.
For more information on how to configure these data source options, see Creating a data page.
- Connector – Use the response of a connector as the data source.
- Data Transform – Specify a data transform to use to populate the data page.
- Report definition – Use the results of a report definition as the data source.
- Lookup – Use an instance of the specified object type as the data source.
- Activity – Execute an activity that creates and populates the page.
- Robotic automation – Obtain information from a robotic process automation.
- Robotic desktop automation – Obtain information from a robotic desktop automation.
- Aggregate sources – Specify additional sources that a data source supports. When the system chooses the aggregate source, it executes each source in the order that it was listed within the aggregate source to create a data page.