Managing data and integrations with the Integration Designer
To take informed actions on your application data, analyze your data resources by using the Integration Designer. From the Integration Designer, you can access a comprehensive view of all business data objects in your application, display the systems of record from which you source the data objects, and check how data objects are used in the application.For example, you quickly check case types to which a data object belongs to ensure that your case types include necessary information.
The Integration Designer landing page clearly shows how all the components are connected, including:
- Data pages for the data objects.
- Case types and data types in the applications that use this data type.
Manage your data by using the following capabilities:
- View the integration landscape, a visual representation of the relationships between the data objects in your application and their connections to systems of record.
- Create data objects and connect them to the Pega system of record or REST data sources. For more information, see Connecting a data object to a system of record.
- View and modify the mappings of data objects. For more information, see Updating connections and field mappings for a data object.
- Access data objects whose data pages connect to a sample data source and use the simulation feature by clicking Simulated. You can replace the source of these data pages to connect them to a system of record and make them ready for production.
- Update system details by right-clicking a system icon.