Date time formats supported by the Data Import wizard for data types
When data for a data type is imported, the date time formats in the import file must be a supported format or the import fails. The Data Import wizard supports several categories of date time formats to which it attempts to match the incoming date time format. When a matching date time format is found, the Data Import wizard stops looking for a match.
If a custom date time format is entered in the Data Import wizard, the Data Import wizard uses it and does not look for a match in the other date time categories.
The supported date time formats and the order against which the Data Import wizard attempts to find a match are:
- Extension point – Data page or data transform that uses the Pega-supplied D_pyCustomDateFormats data page as its source. The extension point supports Pega-supplied formats and simple date formats. The record editor class is Data-Metadata-CustomDateFormat.
- ISO-8601 universal formats – These formats are not locale-specific.
- Other supported format – yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss
- Locale-specific – The default Microsoft Excel date time formats for the user's locale for locales supported by Pega® Platform. For formats not supported by Pega Platform, the default Microsoft Excel format for the United States locale is used. For a list of supported locales and their formats, see Locale settings - date time formats. For information about Microsoft Excel date time formats, refer to the Microsoft Excel documentation.
- Pega ISO format (Pega default format) – yyyyMMdd'T'HHmmss.SSS 'GMT'