Activate a revision in test to propagate the changes included in the revision to all operators. Activate only those revisions that have been approved by testers. You can have only one active revision in the system at a time.
In Dev Studio, click.
Click Activate next to a revision with the Test status.
The status of the revision changes to Active. The activation of a revision results in the following system changes:
- The application version is incremented by one, for example, PegaBank 01.01.02.
- All overlay applications point to the new version.
- The access group for which the revision was activated changes to reflect the new application version. To view the changes, application users must log out and then log in again.
- A Rollout access group is created, for example PegaBank:AdministratorsRollout, which points to the new application with the revision ruleset.
- Addressing changing business requirements
With revision management, business users can respond to changing requirements by modifying and deploying your application’s rules in a controlled manner.
- Importing revisions
A revision manager creates the revision package in the business sandbox, in the context of an application overlay. You can import that package to Pega Platform to propagate rule changes to the production environment or first test the changes with a selected group of application users.
- Discarding revisions
When test users finish testing a revision and find that it is not working as expected, you can discard the revision from the production system.
- Rolling back revisions
You can roll back revisions that are already in production. You might do this when you find serious issues with the new application version that were not discovered during testing.