Adding an events feed to your user interface
An events feed lists information about customer interactions for specific event types and time ranges. You can add an events feed to your user interface by creating a reusable section that references the default data page (D_pxEvents), which points to the Event Store data set. This information can help you make informed and personalized decisions for each customer.
Other than specifying the event types to include and the date range, you cannot limit the number of events that are displayed in the events feed. To configure how some of the information in the events feed is displayed, you can customize the section Data-EventSummary.pyEventsFeedItem.
For the section, specify a short description, the class the section applies to, and the ruleset.
Click Create and open.
On the Design tab, from the Structural list, drag Embedded section onto the work area.
On the Section Include form, specify the property reference for the section as pxEventsFeed, and click OK.
Click the View properties icon for the section.
On the Parameters tab, specify the following information:
- Data source – Enter the data page that points to the Event Store data set. The data page must return a page list based on the Data-EventSummary class. The default is D_pxEvents.
- Parameters – Enter either the customer ID or group ID for the customer data. All events map to a customer ID. You can enter a group ID if you configured events to also map to a customer group when you used the Event Type wizard.
- Event types – Select the event types to include in the feed. You can include all types or specific ones.
- Date range – Select the range of dates for the events feed. The default is Last 6 months.
- Feed size – Specify the height of the events feed. The default is 600 pixels. To customize the feed size, select the Custom radio button and specify the height in pixels.
- Creating an event type in the Event Catalog
You can create multiple events in the Event Catalog to collect customer data from specific data sources (Data set or Report definition) and store it in the Event Store data set. You can retrieve this data to get information about customer interactions and display them in an events feed that you add to your user interface.
- Customer Movie landing page
From Customer Movie landing page you can create and manage event types that collect data from various data sources. Events are stored in the Event Store data set. Each event type records customer activity from a particular data source. An event type might be based on a data set or report definition and receive events in a streaming mode or in batches. These different tracks in the customer movie can be for example, bank transactions, purchase orders, dropped phone calls, or sent tweets.
- Presentation Tab
Harness and Section forms - Adding a section